Beyond the Code #15 – Practical tips to understand business
A brand new episode of Beyond the Code, continuing our series to help you understand business more.
Together with Damian Petla & Szymon Skórczyński, we’ve decided to continue a topic of understanding business from a software developer perspective. We encourage you to listen to the episode #13, during which we had a discussion why you should focus on this area more. This time we try to share a few practical tips how to do it.
A quick reminder. The idea of Beyond the Code is simple. We would like to focus on different sets of skills that might be useful for software engineers, which are not coding/programming/prototyping, etc. You can expect new episodes, around 30 minutes long, every second Wednesday.
We’ve already published several episodes of our podcast – check them out if you still haven’t :). Please note that we’ve decided to run the podcast in Polish, although we are still planning to invite several foreign guests for episodes recorded in English.
Episode 15 – Practical tips to understand business
By listening to this episode you will get answers to these questions:
- what is Domain Driven Design, Impact Mapping, Event Storming and User Story Mapping,
- how you can use those methods in everyday work?
- how UX-designers can help you to better understand business domain?
- why the rule of false consensus is often ruining common understanding inside the team?
- what are benefits for the dev team of good and close relationship with business?
- Domain Driven Design book
- Domain Driven Design – presentation
- _Make Impacts Not Software_ – presentation
- Impact Mapping – book
- Impact Mapping – presentation
- User Story Mapping – book
- User Story Mapping – presentation
- BDD – article
- Event Storming – book
- Event Storming – presnetation
- False consensus effect
- Senior Developer Development – Szymon Skórczyński na Dutch PHP Conference
- Robert Fijałkowski
- Damian Petla
- Szymon Skórczyński
Huge thanks to Damian & Szymon for participating. See you in 2 weeks!