A quick reminder. The idea of Beyond the Code is simple. We would like to focus on different sets of skills that might be useful for software engineers, which are not coding/programming/prototyping, etc. You can expect new episodes, around 30 minutes long, every second Wednesday.
We’ve already published several episodes of our podcast the first episode – check them out if you still haven’t :). Please note that we’ve decided to run the podcast in Polish, although we are still planning to invite several foreign guests for episodes recorded in English.
Episode 4 – Being an intern
In the fourth episode of Beyond the Code we’re focused on the topic of organizing summer internship in an IT company. For that we invited Michał, who is a team leader & summer internship mentor and Patryk, who joined as an intern in 2017 to Michał’s team.
By listening to this episode you will get answers to these questions:
- Why you shouldn’t spend my time before recruitment process for a summer internship?
- How to organize the work in your team so an intern can work on a code that end’s up on the production stage?
- How to bring together your daily work with a strong mentoring of a newcomer?
- 0:00:30 – Introduction; why you should organize internship and how to prepare it?
- 0:03:20 – The matter of pure lack
- 0:05:25 – Good skillset of an intern
- 0:06:30 – Do you really need to learn the whole night before an interview/test?
- 0:10:57 – Support + trust – perfect tools
- 0:15:50 – Bring together your daily work with mentoring of an intern
- 0:18:20 – What might surprise you after applying to a big IT company? What you should take into consideration before doing so?
- 0:22:50 – Plenty of persona stories from our guests
- 0:25:50 – PSumming up
- Robert Fijałkowski
- Michał Waśniewski
- Patryk Iwaniuk