3rd episode’s highlights:
- think of the software development as an application of the scientific method
- Continuous Delivery is one of the key enablers for quick experiments
- to measure your technical capabilities use global metrics like number of deployments or lead time (they are difficult to game)
- maximize the amount of code you don’t need to write
- http://12factor.net/ – good guidelines on how to create apps that are easy to deploy and run in the cloud
About the series
Microservices, the Web, cloud, and Continuous Delivery heavily influenced how modern teams build software systems. In this series you’ll learn how we used those concepts to rebuild the frontend stack of several Norwegian newspapers.
The series is composed of 6 episodes describing Enterprise Makeover journey and shows how we significantly reduced cycle time and created fun work environment that let’s great developers be great. We will present all videos over the next 3 weeks. If you would like to see the slides of the full presentation go here.
Read all the articles about Enterprise Makeover
Enterprise Makeover Part 1/6: creating lean enterprise
Enterprise Makeover Part 2/6: use the Web, don’t abuse it!
Enterprise Makeover Part 3/6: rethinking Agile practices
Enterprise Makeover Part 4/6: cloud-native development on Heroku
Enterprise Makeover Part 5/6: Continuous Delivery orchestration
Enterprise Makeover Part 6/6: organizational change and summary