Once more: The STP Winter Event opens up for registration! Get ready for an amazing event on January 13 – 15 in Krynica in southern Poland!
Exciting professional program with cyber security as the main topic. Skiing down beautiful slopes. STP Awards. A fabulous party. Meet colleagues from Schibsted Tech Polska and all our 22 partner companies.
Those are just a few keywords for the STP Winter Event 2016.
You do not want to miss it! But quick to register: Rooms are filling up quickly and the final deadline is December 11!
Wednesday, January 13 until Friday, January 15.
See further below for more details about the transportation.
This year we will go south-east of Krakow, to the area of Krynica-Zdrój close to the border of Slovakia. It is about 2 1/2 hours drive from Krakow.
Located in the heart of the Beskids mountain range, the area is well suited for exciting winter activities. It is also the biggest spa town in Poland.
Our hotel will be Hotel Czarny Potok Resort & Spa, which claims to be “the pearl of Polish spa resorts”. Check their website for more info and pictures.
The Winter Event program is still being planned, but here is a rough outline:
- We will go from Krakow after office hours on Wednesday, January 13. The drive is around 2 1/2 hours – and there will be an informal dinner after arrival in Krynica
- Thursday, January 14th, starts with the STP Conference. Here are some of the main elements in the program:
- Main topic: Cyber security. Presentations from Director of Security Roy Stranden in Schibsted Media Group, Albert Puigsech Galicia, IT Security Manger for Schibsted Products & Technology in Barcelona and Eugene Stipp, VP Engineering for Schibsted Products and Technology in London.
- STP Talks. Our own talk show with guests from STP and partners discussing hot topics in an informal and hopefully entertaining way
- STP Awards. Watch the great presentations of shortlisted nominations for “team of the year”, “project of the year” and “improvement of the year”. A new category will be added: “Tech blogger of the year”
- STP right now. What are the plans going forward?
- After lunch, the afternoon will be spent on having fun together. There are two main activities:
- Skiing at the Jaworzyna Krynicka ski slopes. See video below.
- Spa at the hotel
- In the evening we will have the official STP Winter Event Dinner – followed by a great party. This is also when the STP Awards will be handed out.
- On Friday, January 15th we return to Krakow – and Scandinavia. See more details below.
Last year 180 people participated in the STP Winter Event. That included all our employees as well as a large numbers of programmers, tech leads, product owners, managers and other colleagues from our partner companies.
In fact the Winter Event is probably the biggest gathering of tech people in Schibsted Media Group. We encourage all who work with Schibsted Tech Polska to participate.
The ski slope
The ski slope is Jaworzyna Krynica.
Check this video to get an impression of the ski slope you will be enjoying:
Busses will leave from STP´s office in Krakow after office hours on Wednesday, January 13. Exact time will be given later, but expect that the busses will leave around 4-5 PM. Guests arriving earlier in the day are welcome to use our offices for work and/or meetings with their teams before departure.
On Friday, January 15 busses will return to the airport early enough for Scandinavian participants to catch the Norwegian flight DY1041 to Oslo at 12:10 – with onwards flights to Stockholm. There is also a Ryanair flight to Rygge (Oslo) at 11:45. For participants from Sweden Air Berlin leaving at 10:50 (arriving Stockholm 14:10) can also be an option.
The costs for visiting participants will be invoiced the relevant partner company. Information about the cost level will be sent out to the official contact persons.
The costs for STP employees will be covered by STP.