🔷 ABOUT THE PRODUCT
We are a collaborative group of developers who have disrupted the Swedish news media since the launch of our news app Omni Nyheter over eight years ago. Today we have two native mobile apps and reach well over half a million users every week. Our aim is to be user-centric, innovative and to give the best overview of the news to all of our users – on all digital platforms in order to challenge people to new insights, about our world, each other and ourselves. In 2020, 2016 and 2015 Omni won awards for best Swedish news service.
🔷 ABOUT THE ROLE AND THE TEAM
Our offices are located in Gdańsk, Stockholm and Oslo, but we are a distributed team supported by a Hybrid Work model with our Work From Anywhere Policy. You’ll be part of an experienced team of motivated, talented mobile and backend developers.
As an Android Developer, you’ll be working on building and improving news services in the Swedish market. You’ll have a chance to try and explore modern Android development solutions, like Jetpack Compose.
📍 You can work remotely, but we’ll be happy to see you from time to time in our office in Gdańsk for some team integrations meetings
🔷 ABOUT YOU
- You know the Android ecosystem from a developer’s point of view
- You write good, readable Kotlin code that is thoroughly tested
- You have knowledge of MVVM/MVI, clean code, and dependency injection
- You write and understand Kotlin Coroutines
- You have a good understanding of REST APIs and Retrofit.
- You enjoy working in a distributed team, interfacing daily with colleagues in other locations
- You have great English-speaking skills (you’ll participate in regular calls and meetings with your English-speaking colleagues)
It will be great if you have:
- At least one app published to the Play Store
- Experience with Travis CI, Figma, Charles Proxy, Git
- Experience with Koin, Room, Espresso, Android themes & styles
- Experience with analytic tools
Why choose us? Your future Manager answers the question 😊
“Hi, I’m your new manager!
My name is Emil and I have worked at Omni and Schibsted for 1,5h years coming from a background as a full stack web developer and CTO at smaller companies and startups. What I thoroughly enjoy working at Omni is the balance between the innovative and entrepreneurial start-up culture and flat organization that defines Omni and the way we approach product and software development with the stability and muscles of the larger Schibsted organization at our backs. We are a close-knit team working cross-functional on features not only App and Backend but also with Editorial and Business and we would love to have you join us on our continued journey in challenging traditional news media”.