About the project and the team
We’re reshaping the consumer finance market with innovative technology and design. We are building the next generation of retail banking – an experience that we would love to use every day.
We value empathy, courage, and curiosity as well as a positive can-do attitude and a passion for creating something nobody has built before. Since 2017 Rocker has been available for iOS, Android and desktop users and has raised more than 700 MSEK from investors including LMK and Schibsted.
We are focused on delivering new products and features to our users.
We use ReactJS, React Native, Scala, Elixir and Kafka deployed on GCP with Docker and Kubernetes forming a micro services based architecture. We work in autonomous teams with Product Managers, Designers, Front and Back End Developers working together to design, build, test and release new things rapidly. Currently, we have three products teams – one for each of our product ares: Credit & Loans, Checkout and Cards.
What you will do
- Build the apps powering the hottest FinTech startup in the Nordics
- Work on one of our three products team focusing on Loans & Credit, Debit & Credit Cards and Checkout Solutions. The teams are cross-functional and consist of Product Managers, Designers, Front End, and Back End Developers.
- Be at the forefront of our international expansion
- Work with a highly dedicated, undoubtedly talented, multinational, food loving, ping-pong playing team of developers
- Manage a set of constantly changing priorities in a high paced, sometimes borderline chaotic, environment
- You will need to either be proficient in Scala or be willing to extend your existing knowledge of other JVM based languages; you will also need to understand and/or be willing to learn functional programming principles
- If you’ve used Akka or have Actor Model experience from another language or technology you get a gold star
- Apprentice wizard level knowledge of Kafka
- Experience with agile development methods
- Ability to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Experience in consumer-facing product development
It will be a plus if you
- You get that warm, fuzzy feeling when you think about Kubernetes and Docker
- If you have code you can share in Bitbucket or on GitHub we get that warm fuzzy feeling too
- Experience in building microservices based systems
- Experience of Google Cloud Platform
- Experience as a data engineer
You can become a member of a passionate team of talented engineers with a big deal of independence (both what to work on and how to do it) as well as an impact on the biggest banking platform in Scandinavia, and you will have a chance to learn the latest and greatest software development practices!