About the project and the team
Advertising Solutions is a relatively new area in Media organisation which houses engineering teams for our back-office systems used by various sales organisations at Schibsted. These systems include Rose which is used to book advertising campaigns and Vantage which provides campaign reporting.
You and your teammates will work on the Advertising API that underpins these products – its technical evolution, scaling and simplification. You will be expected to be an active participant when deciding how to implement new features together with the neighbouring teams that depend on you for their work.
Skills and requirements
- You will need to have experience in Scala.
- You should understand and enjoy functional programming (since we are moving part of our system into Scala Cats).
- You should have knowledge about distributed systems consisting of multiple services, datastores, gateway, discovery service.
- It would be nice if you are interested in data processing and data storage in general – perhaps you enjoy writing Spark jobs since 1.5 TB of our data is processed every day using more than 100 Spark jobs.
- It would be nice if you have an understanding of such Big Data concepts as map reduce, CAP theorem and big table.
- Experience of AWS in general and Kinesis, EMR and Cloudformation in particular, common Scala tools and libraries such as Finagle, Finatra, Slick, Scala Cats as well as, Hadoop, Spark and Apache Airflow are all a plus.
- You will also be required to be comfortable with relational databases in general and Postgresql in particular.
- Full professional proficiency in English is required.