About the project and the team
Rose’s mission is to help drive revenue through display advertising, by empowering internal sales forces with a simple and flexible ad booking tool, in terms of product and yield management, sales and booking, as well as ad operations, to support the markets needs.
ROSE is the web application using several modern technologies and libraries: PHP 7.2, Zend Framework 2/3, Symfony Components, Doctrine ORM, RabbitMQ, React. Code is being deployed to AWS infrastructure and we have full control over builds and servers. Team members are fully involved during whole development process and have a big impact on solutions and business decisions. We have a lot of freedom in choosing tools and time to experiment with cool new technologies.
What your should know
- Hands-on experience of PHP 7, including testing (phpunit, phpspec, behat, codeception), profiling, debugging (Xdebug)
- Familiarity with SOLID principles
- Ability to write clean code and handling difficult and complicated tasks and issues
- Extensive knowledge of one of modern PHP frameworks (preferably Zend Framework)
- Good knowledge of HTTP and REST
- Experience with breaking up a monolith and building microservices
- Solid experience in dealing with SQL databases (eg MySQL) and ORM solutions (preferably Doctrine 2)
- We use AWS services (EC2 / RDS / S3 / Lambda). If you enjoy DevOps, you are welcome to let off steam here, too;) Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is nice to have.
What we are looking for
- You have genuine interest in delivering products to end-users
- You like working with product managers and designers to prioritise and refine features
- You have desire to be involved in a full spectrum of back end engineering
- You effectively and proactively communicate in spoken and written English
- You enjoy or are interested in working in a distributed organization, interfacing daily with colleagues in other countries and locations
- You have experience in Scrum and/or Kanban