Payment Gateway is the main money flow channel for Schibsted newspapers digital subscriptions, handling of more than 1,000,000 payments monthly, providing Payment API for nearly all systems within the Schibsted ecosystem. Using microservice architecture, we integrate our clients with Payment Service Providers enabling them to charge users with credit cards, mobile phones, invoices.
Integration with Payment Service Provider APIs is not an easy task. Especially if you would like to handle a bunch of possible corner cases like connectivity errors, consistency problems, and different specific API flaws. You must always challenge your solution asking “What happens if…”.
We are refreshing our platform with CQRS/Event Sourcing patterns to improve its stability and provide easy extensibility for further integrations. Our team is a group of experienced engineers wanting to make the Payment Service Provider integration as easy as possible, providing easy to consume API, support, and know-how for our clients.
What we can offer
- Work in a distributed team — development based in Poland, Product Management in Stockholm and Oslo. Business travels possible.
- Work on many different areas of the JVM world, following microservices concepts, serverless and Continues Deployment style.
- The time required to focus on quality – pair programming, mob programming, knowledge sharing sessions.
- Having an impact on the project at all stages – business needs, brainstorming, design, implementation, testing, deployment.
- After office hours, we may: take you to ramen, play tennis, play board games, go to jam sessions, and many others.
What we expect
- Java experience (conventions, patterns, internals) – we use Java 8.
- Kotlin experience or willingness to learn Kotlin – Kotlin is our first choice language for new services.
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot is nice to have – most of our microservices are based on Spring Boot. It’s our first choice micro-framework.
- Background in designing, building, monitoring, and operating large scale distributed systems – our services are pretty complex.
- Interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies – we must adjust to changing requirements and new challenges.
- Nice to have experience with Amazon Web Services – Payment Gateway runs on AWS.
- Ability to question product decisions and come with suggestions for improvement – we expect involvement in product development and engagement in technical discussions.
- Excellent communication skills (also English) – we would like to learn much from you.