Aftonbladet, Sweden’s biggest news source, engaging more than 3.5 million people on a daily basis! Aftonbladet’s mission is to build Europe’s fastest and most engaging news product with future-proof technology.
We like to experiment and challenge our technology choices as much as possible to create amazing user experiences. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better at it. We test, we fail and learn together.
Who you are
We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer with Node.js and React competences. If you have a proven track record of working with microservices architecture, passion to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications, we would like to meet you!
Experience with Docker, CI/CD and AWS is a plus, as well as experience within devops and an agile mindset.
What you will be working with
- Addressing problems, defining tech solutions and collaboratively working with other teams to solve challenges and integrate applications in a cloud environment.
- Continuously designing and developing new features to push our products to the next level.
- Experimenting with new technologies and solutions.
- Ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Designing and implementing client-side and server-side architecture.
- Specifying contracts and developing schemas for client/server communications.
- Building the front-end of applications through appealing visual design.
- Working with data scientists and analysts to improve software.
- Sharing knowledge and coaching others.
You’ll have an impact on scaling successful experiments developed with your brand team and helping in building common parts in order to bring the media houses on to the same platform, so that each can innovate on top of it and share more components and functionalities.
Why our team
- We support each other in our curiosity by encouraging knowledge sharing in a creative environment.
- We run internal tech forums, lean coffee, meetups, open tracks etc.
- We continuously work together in order to have an updated training offer, with tech, product and leadership courses.
- 10% of your working time can be used for innovation, learning or experimenting with new solutions and technologies.
- You will work with talented people, and will be making an impact on how journalism is consumed.