Are you passionate about developing people and organizations? Do you have solid experience as a leader and are you looking for the next challenge? Do you thrive when the bar is set high? Then we might have the right role for you!
Rethinking things is core to Schibsted’s DNA and this is why we are well on the way of diving deep into territories such as AI, Machine Learning, and Big Data. We are going to dig even deeper into user behaviour in order to meet consumer needs even better than today. We’ll use this to rethink and develop more ground breaking services and products that will push both ourselves, our customers, and the market forward.
To achieve the above we must keep the user at the heart of everything we do. In order to understand their needs and tailor our services accordingly, we need to make a continued investment in delivering products and services that allow our them to be identified and transact across and within our brands. We also need to do this in a trusted way, by contributing and sharing best practices related to use of data and privacy and by providing information and tools that empower our users, while at the same time protecting their data.
We are therefore looking for an experienced Engineering Leader to run our User Foundations Engineering organisation, responsible for the suite of products and services leverage broadly across Schibsted for user identification, payments, and privacy.
In this role you will
- Lead an engineering organisation of around 30 people, currently organized into four teams.
- Collaborate with your product counterpart to deliver on our mission.
- Work in a distributed environment leading teams in Sweden and Poland.
- Report to Data & Tech CTO and collaborate with other great engineering leaders. We take leadership seriously and the team you will be part of sees it as natural to collaborate, prioritise, support each other and challenge the status quo.
- Have an impact and grow as a leader.
- This is not your first management role – you have solid experience as an engineering leader. Everything from recruitment, performance enablement and tech strategy to organizational design come naturally to you.
- You might already have been leading leaders in a previous role, but if you haven’t, you have worked in a role where you have had substantial responsibility that have made you ready for a new challenge.
- You have software development background and understand tech.
- You have experience of working in or with distributed teams, and know that it requires great communication skills and the ability to travel.
- You thrive on learning. We have so many opportunities to learn here: From a world and an industry that is changing in a big way, from an organization that is evolving to respond to it, and from each other.