ABOUT THE PROJECT & TEAM
The CNP API team is a crucial part of Core News Product, residing in the Shared Products & Platforms organization (SPP). Core News Product is a modern multi-tenant publishing platform used by almost all brands within Schibsted News Media. It provides hundreds of Schibsted journalists with digital tools to create and manage news content that reaches most of the Scandinavian population.
CNP API is a team consisting of 7 backend developers and is distributed between Kraków and Stockholm. We own and operate an ecosystem of more than 50 backend services that support the CMS (Content Management System) where the news is created and, on the other side, distribute the created content to the outside world. We do not only facilitate content creation but also discover what’s going on in the world at any given moment and provide this information to our users. We do this by constantly scanning and collecting information from hundreds of news outlets around the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Team Leader in Shared Products & Platforms, you utilize your combined technical background and leadership skills to build, develop and maintain a high performing team. In doing so, you will be accountable for hiring and retaining Engineers in your team while fostering a work environment where they can reach their full potential.
While the managerial responsibilities are in focus for this role, we would also want you to be able to actively participate in and help facilitate technical discussions within the team. Being business-oriented and having the ability to proactively collaborate with stakeholders within the News Media organization is a must.
You will work closely with the API team’s designated Product Manager and the Technical Lead. You will also be a part of a team of highly skilled Engineering Managers where you will meet on a weekly basis to support each other and sharpen your managerial skills.
- In your current role, you are probably an Engineering Manager, Team Leader or a Tech Lead with some people responsibilities
- You like improving processes and helping others grow; you are also a learner yourself
- You are a natural networker who builds and maintains partnerships/relationships with stakeholders within the organization
- You work actively to enable your team to achieve their goals through participative leadership and removing roadblocks
- You promote a culture of trust and transparency both within the team and towards stakeholders
- You communicate effectively and make complex ideas easy to understand
- You are able to think strategically and act tactically
- You have a positive mindset and it comes naturally to you to motivate others
- You probably have previous experience working as a JVM (Scala/Kotlin/Java) backend developer
- You have a full professional proficiency in English