Do you want to have an impact on the shape of the mission-critical systems while working with the newest technology?
Join our Ad Engineering team as an Ads API team leader!
ABOUT THE TEAM
As part of the Ad Engineering unit, the Ads API is one of the teams responsible for development of the in-house advertising system, used by the internal sales organisation across Schibsted and offering direct booking of advertising campaigns to external customers. Our mission critical systems are accounting for around 150 million Euros in advertising revenue for the Schibsted group.
Our team is a key link between the booking systems and the adserver, delivering Scala-based solutions such Booking, Inventory and Publisher APIs and providing support to other parts of the Schibsted’s ad ecosystem.
The team currently consists of 3 backend developers, based in Cracow, but we are looking for at least two more to join it. The development team is fully responsible for the product from the technical point of view, being able to decide on the architectural choices, libraries used and solutions built. We collaborate closely with other teams within our business unit and with the ad-serving solution of choice – Xandr.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a competent Team Leader, with previous history of managing the team or being the Tech Lead with some people responsibility.
We want you to guide and support the team, by improving the processes and practices and helping the team members to develop and grow.
Ideally, we would want you to not only handle the managerial responsibilities but also actively participate in technical discussion, working with the team on the technical evolution of the system, its scaling and simplification. Being business-oriented, ability to proactively collaborate with business counterparts and previous experience with ad serving systems would also be a plus.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- In your current role, you are a team leader or a tech lead with some people responsibilities
- You like improving processes and helping others grow; you are also a learner yourself
- You probably have solid previous experience working as a JVM (Scala/Kotlin/Java) backend developer
- You are well-versed in distributed systems based on microservices architecture, you are also familiar with event sourcing and DDD or eager to deep dive into it
- You understand and cherish functional programming principles
- You have experience working with some of those technologies: AWS, Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB; knowing common Scala tools and libraries such as Http4s as well as Cats framework is a plus.
- You have a full professional proficiency in English
- It would be great if you have experience working with ad tech, ad-serving in particular