Passionate about Big Data and working with people? Wanna have an impact on the shape of the mission-critical systems while working with the newest technology?
Join our Ad Engineering team as a Reporting team leader!
ABOUT THE TEAM
As part of the Ad Engineering unit, the Reporting team is one of the teams responsible for development of the in-house advertising system, used by the internal sales organisation across Schibsted and offering direct booking of advertising campaigns to external customers. Our business critical systems are accounting for around 150 million Euros in advertising revenue for the Schibsted group.
Our Reporting team is responsible for Big Data processing. We are converting gigabytes of data, in the form of events to provide reports about campaign’s performance. Currently we are investing and developing extensively our Data unit, and expect a lot of R&D projects to be launched in the near future.
Our current stack is based on microservice architecture written in Scala, so it would be great if you are somewhat familiar working with that technology, but we will also consider candidates with pure JVM or Data Analysis/Science background.
The team currently consists of 4 backend and 3 frontend developers, based in Cracow, and we are looking for two more to join it. The development team is fully responsible for the product from the technical point of view, being able to decide on the architectural choices, libraries used and solutions built. We work in Scrum.
We collaborate closely with other teams within our business unit, especially from the Data area with the ad-serving solution of choice – Xandr.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a competent Team Leader, with a previous history of managing a team.
In this role, we would like you to focus on fostering a great collaboration environment with Data teams and business counterparts and helping the Team by removing impediments.
We want you to guide and support the team, by improving the processes and practices and helping the team members to develop and grow.
There will also be a possibility to not only handle the managerial responsibilities, but also actively participate in technical discussion, working with the team on the technical evolution of the system, its scaling and simplification.
Being business-oriented and having previous experience with ad serving systems would be a plus.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- In your current role, you are a team leader or a tech lead with some people responsibilities
- You like improving processes and helping others grow; you are also a learner yourself
- You have previous experience working as a JVM (Scala/Java) backend developer or as a Data Analyst/Scientist. We will also consider candidates with no prior programming experience, with a proven track of managing software engineering teams.
- You are familiar with distributed systems based on microservices architecture, event sourcing and DDD or eager to deep dive into it
- You have experience working with some of those technologies: AWS, Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Spark, Airflow
- You have a full professional proficiency in English
- It would be great if you have experience working with ad tech, ad-serving in particular