ABOUT THE PROJECT & TEAM
You will work with Aftonbladet, Sweden’s biggest news source, engaging more than 4 million people on a daily basis. The Aftonbladet mission is: “Aftonbladet aims to make Sweden a little bit better, the world a little more understandable and life a little bit easier ”.
Our organisation, Schibsted News Media, has 300+ experts in product management, UX and technology. We build new digital products and technical platforms for Schibsted News Media and Next, enabling independent journalism to thrive with products people love.
Get to know more about the team and our challenges here: https://bit.ly/2Rh3MXx
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Help reduce infrastructure-related load on our product teams, whilst still allowing us to own our products end to end and push the boundaries of digital storytelling.
- Continuous design and development of new features to push Aftonbladet’s products to the next level.
- Addressing problems, defining tech solutions and collaborating with other teams to solve challenges and integrate applications in a cloud environment.
- Continuous assessments and improvements of things like security and load balancing.
- Collaborate with others to identify, plan, develop, and implement systems that will support the future vision of our company. This includes actively networking with people and sharing knowledge; both within Aftonbladet and across Schibsted.
As a member of the team, you will be part of a high speed, inclusive and fun environment where openness, collaboration, innovation and passion is key. You will work with talented people, and will be making an impact on how journalism is consumed as well as shaping the digital news media business of tomorrow.
- You are an experienced hands-on engineer who can motivate others as well as yourself to deliver on our mission.
- You have a positive, team-oriented behavior and you enjoy collaboration.
- You love to solve complex development problems and produce quality code.
- You have lots of experience with cloud infrastructure as well as site reliability engineering and you want to help shape our DevOps culture.
- You are always looking for ways to collaborate, share your knowledge and to give your team that competitive edge.
- You have the willingness and ability to inspire yourself and others when faced with challenges.
- You understand the challenges when working with a top-class media website with millions of users.