Exciting Opportunity for Python/Django Developers at Schibsted Nordic Marketplaces!
🔷 About us:
Join one of Nordic’s most agile companies on a growth journey. Our marketplaces hold strong #1 positions and operate in digitally mature and highly attractive markets with 27 million inhabitants. With 1400 colleagues in the Nordics, we share a passion for our work and foster a friendly and caring community. Curiosity, teamwork with problem-solving, and continuous learning are the cornerstones of our culture.
🔷 About Mobility Pro:
Embark on a thrilling journey with Mobility Pro, a vibrant team shaping the B2C Mobility Seller experience in the Nordic region using modern technologies. Join our dynamic department of 15 engineers and professionals across Kraków, Stockholm, Oslo, and Aarhus. Our mission is to streamline and enhance the car trading experience , overseeing the complete sales journey, from advertising to delivery and post-sale support. Dive into a tech stack that includes TypeScript, React.js, modern JS/UI frameworks and libraries, Django/Python for the backend, AWS as our cloud provider, and Git with Github for version control.
🔷 The backend developer role:
As a Backend Developer in our tech department, you’ll work with a combination of new technologies as well as maintenance of older parts of the tech stack, surrounded by skilled colleagues. You will collaborate closely with the Product Manager, UX, and other teams to understand the needs and requirements. You will produce great APIs in an event-driven environment where we expect you to take on full responsibility for your product by running/operating the services and maintaining the underlying stack. You will work with continuous improvement , through exploring new tools, and spending time on training, pairing, and mob programming.
🔷 Your responsibilities will include:
- Work on microservices within an event-based architecture using Django Rest Framework and Python.
- Release your own code continuously and often , employing a DevOps mindset where you are responsible for your change from commit to production.
- Ensure quality by writing automated unit- and integration tests.
- Work with the primary components of our tech stack including Docker swarm, Kubernetes, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Postgre SQL Server, MySQL and Elasticsearch.
- Collaborate with our Schibsted colleagues in the Nordics around software solutions, using shared services and exchanging knowledge.
🔷 Key qualifications:
- Experience with Python, and Django REST framework.
- Testing proficiency , both automatic and manual.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Experience with Linux Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes AWS + Terraform (RDS, OpenSearch, ElastiCache, Amazon MQ etc).
🔷 What we offer:
- Continuous personal and practical development.
- Exciting career opportunities within Schibsted.
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, and passionate teams.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded culture , and social team activities.
- Hybrid workplace environment with flexibility, enabling work from home 3 days per week.
🔷 Next Steps:
We invite candidates on an ongoing basis, and we encourage you to apply today! If you have any questions, feel free to contact our team. Be part of our innovative journey and contribute to making a difference in our customers’ lives. Apply now!