Who we are
The CNP API team is a crucial part of the Core News Product organization. Core News Product is a modern multi-tenant publishing platform used by almost all brands within the Schibsted News Media. It provides hundreds of Schibsted journalists with digital tools to create and manage news content that reaches most of the Scandinavian population.
CNP API is a team consisting of backend developers and is distributed between Kraków and Stockholm. We own and operate an ecosystem of more than 50 backend services that support the CMS (Content Management System) where the news is created and, on the other side, distribute the created content to the outside world. We do not only facilitate content creation but also discover what’s going on in the world at any given moment and provide this information to our users. We do this by constantly scanning and collecting information from hundreds of news outlets around the world.
We value simplicity. We believe that simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. We want the solutions we deliver to be simple, reliable, and scalable.
We value your time. We want you to control your own time, be productive, and have large chunks of time to do the real work.
We believe in collective code ownership. You’re allowed to do work throughout the whole system. You’re always allowed to ask someone for help, review, or brainstorm.
We believe in ‘You Build It, You Run It’. We take pride in our code and we take responsibility for it. We operate the infrastructure ourselves and automate where possible to provide the best development experience.
Our mission is to build tools and experiences that make independent journalism thrive. Our goal is to onboard all the Schibsted publications to the platform. Likely we’ll go be beyond that and offer our solutions to other Scandinavian media houses. We want to facilitate experimentation and make Core News Product a true platform for innovations.
- Work with a large distributed system improving the current implementation and shipping new features.
- Collaborate with other engineers, discuss architecture, implementations, and review the work of others.
- Take part in the on-call rotation (once you feel ready for it).
- Professional experience with Java and JVM (we use Java 11)
- Experience working with distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
- Prior experience operating and maintaining production systems in a public cloud environment (preferably AWS)
- Full professional proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Dropwizard framework
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL data stores (Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Convox
- Interest in infrastructure and ops