We are looking for a passionate frontend developer who wants to join our mission to build the world’s best journalistic tools, and who sees importance in journalism for driving society forward.
We are looking for someone who can bring ideas to the team and can contribute to our mission of allowing journalists to be journalists.
The main driving factor behind the tasks we take on, is the needs of Schibsted’s newsrooms. We cooperate with big names such as Aftenposten, VG and Aftonbladet, but also with smaller newsrooms. They have needs that may cover topics such as enabling new ways to present stories, getting better assistance creating content, and future planning of content.
The application was initially built over 8 years ago, and is undergoing a modernization in terms of technology, UI, and features. The original code base is in Backbone, but we are in the process of replacing every single section of the application, with modernized sections that are designed and specified from the ground up, and written in React + TypeScript. In the process, we have ensured a top-notch developer experience where anything new is not to be held back by legacy.
- Experience with building and delivering web based applications.
- A background of fundamental computer science algorithms and patterns.
- A strong knowledge of system design – being able to look at a problem and formulate a technically scalable solution to solve it.
- Team mentality and willingness to share knowledge and ideas in a productive manner.
- Fluency in English language, both written and spoken.
- Experience on open-source projects.
- Contributions to tech journals or blogs.
- Having an interest in DX (Developer Experience) – how do we make better products by helping other developers?