ABOUT THE PROJECT
NWT Media is one of the largest media companies in Sweden, with 16 newspaper including print, site and apps. The NWT Media analytics and insight department contains the main data collection and preparation functions in the company, for the purpose of decision support and advanced analysis. The team contains all analytical functions and serves other departments internally (like editorial, reader revenue, sales and product divisions, finance etc.), based on the data we provide.
Our modern DW solution in the cloud (AWS) with a wide range of data sources requires vigilant maintenance, tuning and corrections. The team is located in Karlstad, Sweden and includes 5 people. This role will be remote but be close to the tech team in Gdansk who works with developing NWT Media’s news sites.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work together with the team in Karlstad to provide the DW Operations, Maintenance and Development services required to support the production and the continuous evolution of the DW. The main goals are to provide stable production, timely and faultless data loads, excellent query performance and sufficient data quality. You will have a great opportunity to improve and evolve the DW and performance based on your skills and knowledge.
What you will do:
- Configure data capture, from source
- Design target data structures, i.e. target tables/models
- Design and orchestrate ETL jobs, with appropriate data quality controls
- Participate in monitoring of the execution of scheduled jobs and follow-up of any mishaps or data quality alerts
- Handle basic provisioning of AWS infrastructure and services
- Maintaining the security of our data solution, both technical and regarding GDPR
- Diving into technical matters to establish a grounded understanding
- Good knowledge of SQL and Python
- Good knowledge in applying ETL Tools
- Good knowledge of core AWS
- Being well-versed in English – written and spoken – is essential
- Prior knowledge of data warehouse concepts, prior knowledge of Snowflake
- Some experience working with analytics or analysts
- Basic knowledge about BI-solutions such as Tableau or Power BI
- Knowledge about GDPR or IT Security
- You have a university degree in a relevant field, combined with several years of work experience (3+) and background in data engineering.
- Have a proven record of accomplishment delivering with quality and yet with flexibility as circumstances change
- For us collaboration is really important, you should be able to collaborate within your own team and across teams and enjoy discussing solutions with your team. To learn from each other.