We are looking for a Backend engineer to work with mission critical systems accounting for around 150 million Euros in advertising revenue. Advertising Solutions is a relatively new area in Media organisation which houses engineering teams for our back-office systems used by various sales organisations at Schibsted and the brandly new app for external users. These systems include Rose and AdMarket which are used to book advertising campaigns.
ADS API is a team consisting of 4 backend developers, all of us are located in the Kraków office. We are working in Agile/Kanban methodology. The team is responsible for the product from the technical point of view, it means that we are deciding votes in case of choosing libraries, architecture and solutions.
Once you learn the system you and your teammates will continuously work on its technical evolution, scaling and simplification. You will be expected to be an active participant when deciding how to implement new features together with the neighbouring teams that depend on you for their work.
- You need to be well-versed in distributed systems based on microservices architecture.
- You will need to be proficient in Scala and understand functional programming principles.
- The team is expected to be self-sufficient and as such you must be interested in more than just writing code.
- You will have to check third-party documentation, support users, debug, maintain and operate the system as well as gaining knowledge in the ad-tech domain.
- Experience with AWS, Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, common Scala tools and libraries such as Http4s as well as Cats framework is a plus.
- You will also be required to be comfortable with relational and nonrelational databases in general and Postgresql, DynamoDB in particular.
- Familiarity with event sourcing and DDD is an advantage.
- Full professional proficiency in English is required.