Become our newest platform administrator to help us support Schibsted’s data and analytics infrastructure and support while we enable data teams to build world class data solutions on our platforms.
Data & Analytics Platform Services (DAPS) team in Schibsted Enterprise Technology is responsible for the central data and analytics platforms used by the Schibsted group. Our platforms are used by brands in News Media (Aftonbladet, VG, SvD, etc.), Marketplaces (Finn, Blocket, etc) and multiple other brands and teams throughout the organization.
We need your help to manage and support our data and analytics applications running on the AWS cloud infrastructure. We have a modern portfolio with a wide coverage of the entire data and analytics domain. Our platforms include Tableau, Snowflake, Alteryx, Matillion, Amplitude, Alation among others. In addition to supporting the day to day operations, administration and governance on these platforms, we also support the business with contracts, license management and internal cost allocation.
We are looking for someone who is curious, willing to learn and pick up new technical skills. The person should be service-minded and uphold the highest service levels within the team. This includes user satisfaction and quick turnaround for any reported issues.The drive and desire to develop both yourself and your skills is a cornerstone, and you will be expected to keep yourself informed of the latest developments in these systems and in the data and analytics domain in general.
To succeed in this role you will need to effectively combine technical competence with communication and problem solving skills. Collaboration with internal teams and external stakeholders is crucial to debug and fix system issues.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Install, Configure and Upgrade Tableau, Alteryx, Matillion and Alation
- Provide support to the in-house event tracking and data lake platform
- Analyze logs to debug and fix systems issues
- User management and support with access in Tableau, Snowflake and other systems managed by the team
- Whitelist IPs, create VPC peering connections, VPN tunnels in AWS
- Monitor and manage AWS EC2 instances hosting the systems
- Set up alarms and support routines for applications
- Escalate product issues with vendors
- Fulfil system incidents and service requests
- Performance tuning of applications, servers and data solutions to deliver optimal platform experience
Skills and expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree relating to computer/information science or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience of working with AWS and Linux system administration
- Comfortable working with Github
- A keen interest in data and analytics domain
- Exposure of working with any of our tools (Tableau, Matillion, Snowflake, Alation, Alteryx or Amplitude) is a huge plus
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Develop yourself, your skills and learn the latest technologies
- Work at a flexible, fast moving and fun workplace in a small close-knit team
- Collaborate with local and global teams all across the nordics
Are you interested in being a part of our team and delivering great data and analytics platforms to Schibsted? Hit apply!