What you will do
- Backend systems in Node.js that are used in our products automate a lot of repetitive tasks that our competitors do manually. It allows our content managers to make better decisions and work more efficiently.
- The backend systems currently work with ten different affiliate networks and pull information about programs, transactions, offers and other statistics.
- The plan is to improve and extend these services.
- The first goal is to replace the Java backend of the cashback product and migrate those tasks to existing and new Node.js based services. Additionally, interacting with many different merchants and affiliate networks are not without challenges and require a flexible, hands-on approach.
What you should know
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Git
- Writing or integrating against RESTful and SOAP-based services
- Understand relational databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Good English – written and spoken
- Willingness to take ownership of components or services
- Learn new tools and frameworks as needed
Nice to have:
- Functional programming
- Experience with continuous integration
- Some understanding of Docker / Kubernetes
- Exposure to React, Angular or other modern, UI framework is a bonus