We are looking for an experienced and dedicated JS developer to join the Niche & Services team. The team is distributed between Kraków, Oslo and Stockholm. We have a proven track record of gathering and interpreting requirements, solving challenging technical problems and learning new technologies and code practices.
Together with the web team in Krakow, your responsibilities are to develop new user-facing features, build reusable code and libraries, optimize code for maximum performance, ensure high product quality etc. Working as part of a our Niche & Services team you will help our media brands to expand into exciting new services and spin-off businesses.
You will be part of a high speed, inclusive and fun environment where openness, collaboration and passion is key. You will work with talented people that bring their experience to make an impact on how journalism is consumed. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better at it. We practice mob programming to test, fail and learn together. Every day is about getting closer to our vision: Niche & Services products are the best destinations to learn, be inspired and get guidance on decisions around topics you love. All based on trusted knowledge from those who share your values.
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, caching, cross-browser compatibility issues and implementation constraints.
- Understanding of concepts and/or experience with continuous deployment, integration and unit tests, documentation, GitHub.
- Demonstrated experience and passion delivering high quality user experiences.
- You are motivated by engaging in a variety of tasks, depending on the need within the team.
- You display a high degree of effective, proactive communication, both verbally and in written form.
- You take responsibility for your work and reach out a hand to colleagues when needed.
- You are passionate about technology and your area of work.
- You always consider what’s best for the company when making technology decisions.
- You are a natural and effective problem-solver. This requires a solution-oriented mindset, even in difficult situations.
- You enjoy working in a distributed organization, interfacing daily with colleagues in other countries and locations.