About the role
We think the ideal candidate is a proactive senior engineer or tech lead who acts as an informal leader in their daily setting. You should see this as an opportunity to grow in a formal engineering management role, while still not leaving the software craftsmanship behind. You can also be an engineering manager that wants to get back to the craft. You will be expected to work about 70% of the time on the project tasks and 30% on the people management challenges. You would lead team of 4/5 people.
About the project and the team
Experience team in Schibsted is responsible for the largest identity solution in Scandinavia – we have over 9 million users in Norway and Sweden and around 100 logins every minute. Currently we’re in the process of expansion to no.1 marketplace in Finland with Schibsted’s identity provider – Schibsted account. Further expansion is planned for the next year. Our role is to empower user login and payment flows which are the core of Schibsted’s digital business model. Now we are looking for a Fullstack developer to further strengthen our team in Kraków. Join us in making users’ life easier!
How to organize the work and what tools to use is up to us, we also have a big influence on what’s being built. We manage modern microservice architecture, and deploy all apps ourselves. Experience tech team is located in Kraków but you will have the opportunity to visit Oslo and Stockholm on our co-location sessions as the wider ‘Schibsted account’ team is distributed within 3 locations.
The core area of development includes support for widely used public SDK https://github.com/schibsted/account-sdk-browser and a serverless application for sending emails using MJML templates.
Skills and requirements
- Experience applying modern software development practices to deliver business value.
- People leadership prowess, self motivation and a curiosity mindset.
- Solid experience in acting independently coupled with strong collaboration and coordination skills; especially across distributed teams.
In our project we use React, MobX, Jest, Express, Redis, Docker, Travis, AWS. You should have:
- Understanding of concepts and/or experience with continuous deployment, integration, GitHub.
- Passion for learning and experimenting with new technologies.
- Ability to collaborate with product managers (Stockholm) and UX designers (Oslo).
- Tech skills fueled by business oriented, problem-solving mindset.