Do you want to be part of shaping the live sports experience of tomorrow?
Sports team is part of Schibsted’s Media Product & Technology division and responsible for VG Live and Aftonbladet Målservice services, as well as Sports data API platform. VG Live holds a leading position for live scores and statistics in Norway, on average serving more than 200 000 users every day. Aftonbladet Målservice is aiming for a similar position in Sweden.
Here is a taste of what you would be able to work on:
- Build resilient Node.js services consuming third-party APIs
- Massage, transform and store all-things-sports data using loosely-coupled microservice architecture based on SNS/SQS, PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Design, document, operate and evolve general-purpose and BFF APIs using Hapi and Joi.
- Deliver instant push updates to tens of thousands of browsers and our mobile app using Websockets and MQTT.
- Use Kubernetes via AWS EKS to deploy and orchestrate a microservice fleet.
Your daily agenda will include not just writing the maintainable and well-tested code — you’d work closely with our Product Manager and UX manager, take part in feature and architectural discussions and brainstorming meetings, join virtual pair-programming sessions, help our stakeholders in the newspapers to get the best possible match coverage.
What will make you a great candidate?
- You value feature-rich products and happy users.
- You appreciate effective solutions over workarounds.
- You can express your thoughts clearly and objectively regardless of the medium: at a whiteboard, in Slack or a PR review.
- You don’t shy away from operating the system you have built.
- Hands-on with Node.js.
- Strong proficiency with modern EcmaScript.
- Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL or similar) and NoSQL databases.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming, its good and bad parts.
- Hands-on expertise with building (and consuming!) scalable APIs.
- Experience in designing and developing loosely coupled microservice architectures.
- Basic understanding of security principles.
Extra bonus points if:
- You’re interested in DevOps and know how to build services using AWS.
- You know React.
- You’ve been a part of a team building a high-load service.
- Front End expertise would be a plus.