ABOUT THE TEAM
- Where? Our apps are used by more than 20 biggest news sites across Norway and Sweden (multiple integrations with another 40 smaller to come in 2021) with the largest one having bigger website traffic than FB in Norway.
- What? We are creating an environment for open debate, letting our readers share their opinion on topics that matter and battling their FOMO with high speed news.
- Team: PM + UX + 6 Full-stack Developers + You
- How? We have been developing many awesome applications:
Core Live – a real-time reporting tool allowing users to get up to date with the latest news in a matter of seconds. By utilizing WebSockets we average around 15k concurrent connections at any given moment with peaks up to 70k when the news gets real hot.
Core Comments – a plug & play react/redux app which enables adding comments below news articles. Today we are serving 700k users with around 20 million requests hitting our comments APIs every single day.
Core Moderation – a swiss army knife that helps us keep high quality of the debate, fight trolls and block spammers. We’ve recently introduced a machine learning model for automatic acceptance of comments, currently handling more than 60% of them.
Core Reviews – a soon to be released platform for community reviews giving users a chance to brag or vent about products, recipes, movies or places they have strong opinions about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- We value quality and autonomy in our work. After taking the task, you will be responsible for backend, frontend, and consultation with PM/UX. We do code reviews, and from time to time organize pair programming sessions or HackDays.
- You have a strong understanding of web performance, scalability, caching, cross-browser compatibility issues and implementation constraints.
- You have a good understanding of the concepts of and/or experience with continuous deployment, integration and unit tests, documentation, GitHub.
- You have a demonstrated experience and passion delivering high quality user experiences.
- You are motivated by engaging in a variety of tasks, depending on the need within the team.
- You display a high degree of effective, proactive communication, both verbally and in written form.
- You take responsibility for your work and reach out a helping hand to colleagues when needed.
- You are passionate about technology and your area of work.
- You always consider what’s best for the company when making technology decisions.
- You are a natural and effective problem-solver. This requires a solution-oriented mindset, even in difficult situations.
- You enjoy working in a distributed organization, collaborating daily with colleagues in other countries and locations.
As a member of the team, you will be a part of a high speed, inclusive and fun environment where trust, openness, collaboration, and passion are key. You will work with talented and ambitious people that bring their experience to elevate our journalism through great digital products. We are humble and care a lot about our craft, always helping each other to become better at it. We test, we fail and learn together.