About the project and the team
Privacy Services Team is responsible for developing privacy-related projects concentrated around GDPR, ePrivacy, and Consent Management Platform (CMP) for over 9 million registered users in Norway, Sweden, and Finland (and much more not registered) connected to multiple brands.
The Privacy Services Team consists of five backends developers working with Java, Kotlin, and AWS (Kuba, Kasia, Michał, Nazar and Łukasz) and one frontend developer (Łukasz).
We are cooperating with two experienced Product Managers Maren and Zainab located in Oslo, Norway. The last but not least team member is Wojtek, our Engineering Manager.
We are developing three main platforms available for registered and non-registered users.
Privacy Broker is responsible for orchestrating user deletion and takeout requests, implied from GDPR, across the Schibsted ecosystem. We are processing 36k+ requests and 1.5TB+ of data each day. Our solution is used by 40+ realms and 800+ services across Schibsted and Adevinta.
Privacy Settings is responsible for collecting user consents and objections supporting user rights implied from GDPR and sharing them with multiple internal services. We are ready to store thousands of millions of users’ decisions.
We are helping integrate Sourcepoint CMP into Schibsted’s ecosystem and provide three implementations on top of it: Privacy Settings Introducer, Cookie Consent, and TCFv2.0 implementation.
How to organize the work and what tools to use is up to us, we also have a big influence on what’s being built. We manage modern microservice architecture and deploy all apps ourselves. You will have the opportunity to visit other Schibsted offices (i.e. in Oslo or Stockholm) on our co-location sessions when the situation with Covid becomes stable.
Now we are looking for a frontend or full-stack developer to further strengthen our team. Join us in making users’ lives easier!
About the job
- Improve, develop and design frontend applications using React, NodeJS or StencilJ
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, UX, and other teams to find the best solutions.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- You have exceptional collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- You have interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- You want to learn React, NodeJS and TypeScript
It will be a plus if you have
- Experience with Node.js or React
- Understanding of usability and user experience principles.
Don’t hesitate to meet us if you have another technical background – we are open to people eager to learn new things and ready to take responsibility for creating solutions.