About the project and the team
Privacy Engineering Team is responsible for developing privacy-related projects concentrated around GDPR and ePrivacy for over 9 million registered users in Norway and Sweden (and much more not registered) connected to multiple brands.
Privacy Engineering Team consists of 4 mostly backend (Kotlin, Java, AWS) skilled developers: Kuba, Kasia, Michał and Wojtek. We are looking for Java/Kotlin Backend developer too.
We are developing two main products available for registered and non-registered users.
Privacy Broker is responsible for orchestrating user deletion and takeout requests, implied from GDPR, across Schibsted ecosystem. We are processing 15k+ requests and 1.5TB+ of data each day. Our solution is used by 50 realms and 600+ services across Schibsted and Adevinta.
Legal Basis Management Platform is responsible for collecting user consents and objections supporting user rights implied from GDPR and sharing them with multiple internal services. We are ready to store thousands of millions of users decisions.
How to organize the work and what tools to use is up to us, we also have a big influence on what’s being built. We manage modern microservice architecture and deploy all apps ourselves. You will have the opportunity to visit other Schibsted offices (i.e. in Oslo or Stockholm) on our co-location sessions.
Now we are looking for a frontend or full-stack developer to further strengthen our team. Join us in making users’ life easier!
What will you do
- Improve, develop and design user interfaces to existing and new services.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product manager, UX and other teams to find the best solutions.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Understanding of concepts and/or experience with continuous deployment, tests automation (unit, integration), documentation, GitHub.
- Good understanding of usability and user experience principle.
- Experienced with agile development methods.
- Experience in consumer-facing product development.
- Exceptional collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
It will be a plus if you
- Experience with Node.js or React
- Knowledge about RESTful APIs, CORS, OAuth 2.0
- Background in privacy and security related issues.
- Experience with Stencil
- Experience with MySQL or another relational database
- Experience with Docker, AWS
Don’t hesitate to meet us if you have another technical background – we are open for people eager to learn new things and ready to take responsibility for created solutions.