Do you want to be part of shaping the media of tomorrow?
At Schibsted Media, we fund free and independent journalism by offering products and services people are willing to pay for.
Consumer Business Technology (CBT) contribution to this mission is to develop a world class platform for consumer based business , we call it our User Revenue Suite, which has the vision to create the next generation of subscriptions based models.The team is distributed over Oslo, Stockholm and Krakow.
At CBT we develop technology and solutions in order to find, acquire, support and communicate with our subscribers. The journey from an unknown user to a paying subscriber is at the core of our digital business models. User Revenue suite consists of different product components such as Checkout Flow, My Page, Marketing Automation, Subscriptions, Data Insights & CRM.
Our team consists of Product Manager, UX designer, Visual designer in Norway, and 7 fullstack developers in Poland. How to organise the work and what tools to use is up to us and we have a big influence on what’s being built and what tools and technologies are applied.
Our projects are based on a modern microservice architecture, where applications are managed and deployed by the team. We try to experiment and challenge our own technology choices as much as possible. Also, we put a strong emphasis on self-development and knowledge sharing, dedicating one day every other week to side projects and learning technologies of our choice. We value collaboration between colleagues, practising mob- and pair- programming, and apply Scrum framework in our daily workflow.
- My Page
An end user destination to manage brand-specific services. We empower users to handle functions such as: account settings, subscriptions, newsletter settings, payments methods, site settings, profile and privacy controls.
- Checkout Flow
A checkout solution where we empower users to buy and pay for digital and print subscriptions in a simple, easy to use and secure way and through a wide variety of payment methods. With our checkout solution we help in increasing their user engagement and revenue.
Our tech stack
- We use Node.js for our backend applications, supported by Express and Hapi.js frameworks.
- In our development process we take advantage of unit, integration and smoke testing using Jest and Playwright , and Travis for continuous integration & deployment.
- We use AWS as our cloud provider. We favour the “ Infrastructure as Code ” pattern using Terraform and Convox. We also have serverless projects that utilise Lambdas, Streams and other cloud native services.
- Git is our version control system with Github as frontend for Pull Requests and code reviews.
- You are familiar with React.js ecosystem
- You know how to write and use RESTful services
- You know Node.js or you’re willing to learn it over time
- You understand the importance of automated testing
- You are not afraid of TypeScript
- You are open to a feedback culture
- Code reviewing is not a mystery for you
Sounds like a perfect fit? Don’t hesitate to submit your application!