We are looking for the Java Backend Developer to the Privacy Services Team in Krakow. The team is reporting to a User Foundation (under Data & Tech central organization).
About the project and team:
Privacy Services Team is responsible for developing privacy-related projects concentrated around GDPR and ePrivacy for over 12 million registered users in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark (and much more not registered) connected to multiple brands.
We are developing two main products available for registered and non-registered users.
Privacy Broker is responsible for orchestrating user deletion and takeout requests, implied from GDPR, across the Schibsted ecosystem. We are processing 66k+ requests and 1.5TB+ of data each day. Our solution is used by 50 realms and 1k+ services across Schibsted and Adevinta.
Privacy Settings is responsible for collecting user’s consents and objections supporting user rights implied from GDPR and sharing them with multiple internal services. We are ready to store thousands of millions of users’ decisions.
How to organize the work and what tools to use is up to us, we also have a big influence on what’s being built. We manage modern microservice architecture and deploy all apps ourselves.
Now we are looking for a Java Backend Developer to further strengthen our team. Join us in making users’ lives easier!
About the job:
- Improve, develop and design components in existing and new services.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers and other teams to find the best solutions.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Experience and knowledge about Java 11.
- Understanding of concepts and/or experience with continuous deployment, tests automation (unit, integration), documentation, GitHub.
- Experienced with agile development methods.
- Collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
It will be a plus if you have
- Knowledge about RESTful APIs.
- Experience or knowledge about AWS services, Kubernetes.
- Experience with MySQL or DynamoDB.
- Background in designing, building and operating large scale distributed systems.
Don’t hesitate to meet us if you have another technical background – we are open for people eager to learn new things and ready to take responsibility for creating solutions.