Are you passionate about developing systems, people and organizations? Do you have solid experience as a leader and are you looking for the next challenge? Do you thrive when the bar is set high? Then we might have the right role for you!
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to lead our Advertising organisation.
Advertising Solutions is a suite of products and tools to support our Advertising Business. It features CRM, booking, reporting, self serve and management of our inventory. Every month, 16M EUR worth of ads make their way through our products.
Our mission is to contribute to a functioning democracy by closing the gap between what citizens know and what they need to know about the world around them. We aim to offer trustworthy news founded on facts and insight in a world where information is becoming increasingly abundant and untrustworthy. It takes a strong and free press to do that, and at the very core of that is our financial independence. That’s our job.
To achieve this, we will deliver great products for booking and serving ads on the very best news destinations. We are in a marathon to stay relevant in a rapidly changing market, and it takes a dedicated and continuous investment in new technology to do it.
Our current tech stack is based on several different technologies. An important part of your job will be to ensure solid architecture throughout our value chain – driving engineering excellence across teams.
In this role you will
- Lead an engineering organisation of around 40 people, currently organized into five engineering teams primarily based in Poland.
- Work in a distributed environment across functions (Product, UX and Tech) and across borders (Poland, Norway and Sweden).
- Be responsible for the tech strategy and execution on Schibsted Advertising stack.
- Evaluate our existing technology choices and perform ongoing assessments of the capabilities and performance of our ad stack.
- You have a working understanding of the advertising business and accept the volatility of the advertising market and ecosystem.
- You have solid experience as an engineering leader. You are comfortable with recruitment, performance enablement and formulation of tech strategy
- You have most likely been leading leaders before, but if you haven’t, you have worked in a role where you have had substantial responsibility that has made you ready for a new challenge.
- You have experience of working in or with distributed teams, and know that it requires great communication skills and the ability to travel.
- You have a software development background and understand tech.
- You have strong knowledge of system design – being able to look at a problem and formulate a technically scalable solution to solve it.
- You have a solid grasp on good software engineering practices and are able to review and provide recommendations related to design, engineering effort, planning, and product launches with cross-functional impact.