We are looking for a JVM full-stack or front-end developer knowing or willing to learn Java/Kotlin to strengthen the Payment Gateway team.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Payment Gateway is the main money flow channel for Schibsted newspapers digital subscriptions, handling more than 1,000,000 payments monthly, providing Payment API for nearly all systems within the Schibsted ecosystem. We integrate our clients with Payment Service Providers using microservice architecture, enabling them to charge users with credit cards, mobile phones, and invoices.
Technically, the product is primarily JVM-based. Most of the production code is written in Kotlin and Java, with tests written in Groovy (Spock). We utilize a broad spectrum of AWS, including EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, and more. We automate as many things as possible, starting from CI/CD process through the infrastructure-as-a-code approach ending on acceptance testing.
In 2021, we review our strategy and get a new mandate within Schibsted to develop the product further and add new features.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our technical team, located in Kraków, consists of seven backend developers: Michał, Paweł, Tomasz, Tomasz, Agnieszka, Szymon, Mateusz. Jan, the manager, also jumps in from time to time and completes a few tasks per sprint. Unlike other managers, he does not break builds often. We contribute to the product roadmap maintained by Joakim, our product manager located in Stockholm.
Each of us has a different field of expertise and professional interests (Kotlin, Java, reliability /observability, AWS, software architecture, software testing with Spock and Postman, stakeholder management). Some of us like experimenting with new technologies, some find pleasure in solving complex customer needs using a well-known and proven tech stack. However, we all enjoy interacting with each other, regardless of whether that’s during frequent pair programming sessions or drinking the coffee in the office’s chill-out zone.
- Build from scratch end-user-facing payment components
- Build from scratch back-office tools used by Schibsted merchants to make the customer support process efficient
- Get a chance to develop backend components of Schibsted Payment Gateway using JVM technologies and deploy them to the automated infrastructure of AWS
- Work in a distributed team — development based in Poland, Product Management in Stockholm and Oslo
- Have time required to focus on quality – pair programming, mob programming, knowledge sharing sessions
- Have an impact on the project at all stages – business needs, brainstorming, design, implementation, testing, deployment
- Work on many different areas of the JVM world, following microservices concepts, serverless, and Continuous Deployment style
- Have nice after office hours (if you wish); we may: eat out, play tennis, play board games, go to jam sessions, and many others
- Have 10% time for self-development – every second Friday is a Learning Friday
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience or willingness to learn Kotlin/Java
- Understanding and experience with TDD and testing frameworks (Jest/Mocha etc.)
- Interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies – we must adjust to changing requirements and new challenges.
- Ability to question product decisions and come with suggestions for improvement – we expect involvement in product development and engagement in technical discussions.
- Good communication skills (also English) – we would like to learn much from you.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with cross-domain session/cookie management and authentication/authorization mechanisms (JWT, OAuth 2.0, scopes).
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot – most of our microservices base on Spring Boot. It’s our first choice of micro-framework.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services – Payment Gateway runs on AWS.