ABOUT THE PROJECT
Payment Gateway is the main money flow channel for Schibsted newspapers digital subscriptions, handling more than 1,000,000 payments monthly, providing Payment API for nearly all systems within the Schibsted ecosystem. We integrate our clients with Payment Service Providers using microservice architecture and we are enabling them to charge users with credit cards, mobile phones and invoices.
More information on Payment Gateway available here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work in a distributed team — development based in Poland, Product Management in Stockholm and Oslo. Business travels are possible.
- Have time required to focus on quality – pair programming, mob programming, knowledge sharing sessions.
- Have an impact on the project at all stages – business needs, brainstorming, design, implementation, testing, deployment.
- Work on many different areas of the JVM world, following microservices concepts, serverless, and Continuous Deployment style.
- Have nice after office hours (if you wish); we may: take you to ramen, play tennis, play board games, go to jam sessions, and many others.
- You have experience or willingness to learn Java/Kotlin (conventions, patterns, internals)
- You have understanding and experience with TDD and testing frameworks (Jest/Mocha etc.)
- You have interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies – we must adjust to changing requirements and new challenges.
- You have the ability to question product decisions and come with suggestions for improvement – we expect involvement in product development and engagement in technical discussions.
- You have good communication skills (also English) – we would like to learn much from you.
- You have experience with cross-domain session/cookie management and authentication/authorization mechanisms (JWT, OAuth 2.0, scopes).
- You have experience with Spring and Spring Boot – most of our microservices base on Spring Boot. It’s our first choice of micro-framework.
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services – Payment Gateway runs on AWS.