About the project
Core News Product (CNP) is Schibsted Media’s common publishing product platform.
CNP Web is building the common web platform that soon will be the foundation for all of Schibsted’s publications. It’s an audacious and fun project with good velocity and high impact.
In CNP web you’ll get to work with an engaged and highly skilled team of engineers, and you’re placed squarely in the epicentre of the collaboration culture we’re building between our diverse product- and tech teams. The CNP web team is building a decoration API that powers the web and app front-ends, as well as the web front-end itself.
Who you are
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Front-End Developer who is passionate about architecture, Webpack, bundling and frontend performance.
We are looking for someone who can bring ideas to the team and can drive the development of our frontend platform, establishing patterns for brand developers to implement functionalities upon.
You care deeply about web performance, and enjoy creating tools and platforms that make it easy for other developers to create performant code. You also like catering to developer experience, ensuring that our build tools are fast and “just work”.
Ideally, you also enjoy teaching and evangelizing best practices to your colleagues, since our work is used by many other teams. Some of your time will eventually be spent setting up and leading workshops for these brand developers.
- Server-rendered React
- Webpack & bundling
- Experience with building and delivering web-based applications
- A background of fundamental computer science algorithms and patterns
- A strong knowledge of system design – being able to look at a problem and formulate a technically scalable solution to solve it
- Team mentality and willingness to share knowledge and ideas in a productive manner
- Fluency in English language, both written and spoken