We are looking for a driven Engineering Manager to join our business-critical team in the User Foundations organization. User Foundations’ vision is to connect our users and brands with the Schibsted ecosystem to create the value that matters to them.
About the project and the team
With over 15,5 million users in Norway, Sweden, and Finland, the Schibsted account team is responsible for the largest identity solution in Scandinavia. We operate at the core of Schibsted’s digital business model and are responsible for empowering user login across well-known digital consumer brands such as VG, Aftenposten, Finn, Blocket, Aftonbladet, Svenska Dagbladet, and Omni. Now, we are looking for an engineering manager to run our newly created Customer Experience and User Home teams in Poland and help us expand our offerings beyond the Nordic markets.
About the role
You will manage talented software engineers, have the overall responsibility of the technical vision and roadmap, the quality of the product, and the deliveries of the Engineering team. You will have a significant influence on the strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture and spearhead the best practices that enable highly reliable products.
- You are a true people leader. You understand how to build high-performing teams and stimulate dialogue between Engineering and Product.
- You have a solid technology background and thrive to challenge existing technical solutions, welcome different perspectives – and have the ability to create a clear technical direction with vision for a future state.
- You have a track record of delivering successful products as a Manager, have a strong sense of ownership and take responsibility for the success of a team or teams.
- You are able to keep a good balance of technical depth and interpersonal skills, and hold the ability to keep/have a broader view on how to strategically develop the solution to meet new business needs.
- You have experience in partnering with product teams. You have strong leadership and facilitation skills, as well as the ability to balance engineering and product-related concerns.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are tech-savvy, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to invent novel solutions to challenging problems, we want to work with you!