About the project and team:
Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with +6000 employees. Millions of people around the world interact with Schibsted’s popular digital services every day. In Scandinavia, our media houses such as VG, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Aftonbladet and Svenska Dagbladet keep people informed and updated on important issues in society. Our digital marketplaces such as Finn.no, Blocket.se and Oikotie.fi help people buy and sell new and old things. In addition, our growth companies such as Let’s Deal and Compricer provide our users with popular, digital consumer services that make their everyday life a bit easier. Together, this fulfils Schibsted Media Group’s mission of ‘Empowering people in their daily life’. Learn more at www.schibsted.com.
Two things are crucial for current and future success: The right people and the best business ideas. Schibsted is proud to have a proven track record of success with both. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind and challenging ourselves and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude.
Schibsted Enterprise Technology is the IT division within Schibsted, with offices in Stockholm, Oslo and Krakow. Our philosophy is to move IT one step forward and provide Schibsted with global, scalable and high available services that empower our colleagues.
In ETech Collaboration team we create and maintain systems to enable all the organisations to Collaborate. We provide tools, training and support to ensure everyone can share and communicate with colleagues in different locations. This is really important due to the fact that Schibsted is spread on +30 countries.
Our Infrastructure runs on top of the tools a specialised team is building, such as Spinnaker, Travis or Artifactory. We run our services in AWS and we apply CI/CD mechanisms.
We strongly believe in continuous improvement of always-on systems so we relentlessly work to achieve near complete resiliency of everything we do. This means no actual user downtime and seamless infrastructure and service upgrades as well as being proactive to issues. So come join our DevOps team to be at the forefront of active systems engineering and development!
About the job:
- As part of the technology area within the ETech group you will advise this group as to which technology stacks / cloud / big data solutions to use
- Automating the operations and production of large-scale distributed systems so no manual intervention is needed eventually
- Help develop a state of the art platform as a service solution using the latest and greatest technologies and approaches (e.g. Mesos, Docker, Microservices, etc)
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like automated promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue green deployments
- Work closely with the engineering organisation making sure that they follow the infrastructure guidelines that you set, and help them make design / reliability trade offs and implement systems that fail over gracefully and transparently to clients
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions that enables the production systems to be monitored 24/7
- Respond to requests from engineering by building self-service solutions. Make sure that any tech solution that you put in place is robust, will scale, and failover / BCP systems are in place
- Install, configure, fine-tune, and optimise technology solutions
- A BSc (or equivalent) degree in computer science
- AWS expertise
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Strong *nix background
- The ability to write scripts for automation (Perl, Python or similar)
- Proven ability and experience developing applications (Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar)
- Experience in designing and building systems that scale
- Experience with modern continuous deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef
We offer you:
- The opportunity to shape the solutions that connects people so that Schibsted can build great products
- Amazing colleagues
- A global role
- Plenty of challenges and opportunities
- Personal development plan