The projects in SEALS vary a lot, we have delivered over 40 different projects in the last 5 years. In some projects, the team helps with UX or building the first prototypes of a product. Sometimes we just test business ideas. Other times the team takes on the full projects.
Currently, the team is involved with 6 different software development projects.
The biggest project is Aftenposten Junior Skole, a platform to encourage school children to produce and consume content. A project is being developed from start to end, including contributing our ideas for how the result can be as good as possible.
Since the number of delivered projects is growing fast, we would like to establish a sub-team that will help us create infrastructure for new projects and improve the old ones, maintain a high level of security and availability in ongoing projects – you will be first from that sub-team.
Now that we told you a bit more about the team, can you see yourself working with us? Hopefully, your background sounds something like this:
You are engaged rather than an expert with everything. You enjoy getting things done. You love your infrastructure and you always look for potential improvements. Your professionalism and experience in DevOps field are valued among your teammates and you enjoy working with them. You are flexible: capable of working alone or in a team.
What we expect:
- Solid Amazon Web Services experience (Google Cloud is nice to have)
- Hands-on experience with service orchestration and management, deployment activities (CI/CD), configuration management, and all necessary automation.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools
- Strong knowledge in Linux, networking with TCP/IP, process isolation, virtualization, and containerization concepts and applying them when necessary.
- Background in designing, building, monitoring, and operating small and medium scale, modern distributed systems.
- Interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies – we must adjust to changing requirements and new challenges.
- Ability to question product decisions and come with suggestions for improvement – we expect involvement in product development and engagement in technical discussions.
- Excellent communication skills (also English)
- Using monitoring tools when needed (AWS Cloudwatch, Datadog, Humio, Splunk, LogEntries, Sentry or other of your choice)
- Availability for on-call duty when necessary to maintain high availability of operations
In most of the projects we are currently working on, we use mainly following tools:
- AWS (ECS, EC2, S3, RDS, Cloudfront, Elasticsearch, Cloudwatch, Lambda, Serverless, Route53)