We are looking for two Data Analysts to join our team. Both junior and senior applications will be considered.
Your job will be to formulate hypotheses, and perform analyses of different datasets related to advertising campaigns and inventory, such as log files from our ad server, user event tracking from our data platform, identity attributes from our in-house login provider, and externally sourced panel and research data.
You will work with a modern cloud-based tech stack with data exploration and processing pipelines in Databricks (Spark) and user-facing data in Snowflake and Tableau, but also do ad hoc work with SQL databases, csv or json files, and sometimes you will even have to curl your way to the data from REST APIs.
The focus will be to enhance the quality and scalability of our advertising campaign reporting and ad targeting segment analytics, and as such play a key role in our reporting to our advertisers. This entails both developing proof of concepts for scalable standard reporting of reach and demographics, but also more customised analytics for our largest advertisers. Your work will make a difference in how well we succeed in funding independent digital media.
The work will be a mix of creating analysis for proof of concepts for later development by our reporting engineering team, running benchmarking of our advertising targeting options and doing ad hoc analysis where user level data could enlighten decision making or be used for marketing of our advertising inventory.
You will be part of the SMS Data team reporting to the Head of Data. You will work closely with the data and ad targeting team, the reporting product team, as well as the reporting engineering team, and other analytical functions in Schibsted.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A strong knowledge of Python programming and SQL and familiarity with Apache Spark, or similar technologies
- Experience of performing queries on large (billions of events) datasets
- Ability to formulate business relevant hypotheses, interpret complex data and communicate insights tailored to different audiences
In addition you know or are willing to quickly learn
- What cookies and mobile advertising identifiers are and how their properties affect your analysis
- What an HTTP request is, and what that entails for event analysis
- How the advertising ecosystem affect your data quality and solution space
- Basic market research methodology
Formal competency requirements:
- MSc degree, with at least the equivalent of 6 month full time university level statistics course, or an equivalent work experience
- 2+ year working experience
- An opportunity to work in the undisputed most competent ad team in EU/EEA
- A place where you look forward to come to the office everyday, (or in these days, call into the teams daily standup)
- A professional and inspiring work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Good opportunities for competence development