🔷 ABOUT THE TEAM
Join Healthjem, the fastest growing distribution company in Norway. Our goal is to provide customers with the most efficient and dynamic experience in the business. We are already integrated with the biggest e-commerce brands in the Nordics and are striving to create a next-generation consumer experience by developing a brand new service portfolio.
- This year we are going to work on three major initiatives:
1. Proxy Parcel APIs. High-volume middleware service for handling customer integrations.
2. Advise software for parcel sorting facility. The new full automatic sorter is under construction and will operate by the end of this year. The sorter will sort up to 100k parcels per day.
3. Customer communication platform. Brand new system for sending parcel-related notifications to end users on behalf of Helthjem through different distribution channels.
- We’re looking for curious, forward thinking and agile developers that want to join a team where you will have a direct impact on the business. We have a flat hierarchy and encourage everyone to speak their mind.
- Our development cycle is very dynamic. We strive for fast change with frequent deployments, while keeping the quality high through code reviews and close collaboration when necessary. We aim to maintain a high degree of autonomy in our teams, and they are largely free to choose the technologies that best suit their tasks.
🔷 ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work with backend applications written in Node.js for core services and Elixir for event handling and integrations. All services are (currently) running on AWS infrastructure.
- We focus on using the right tool for the right job, meaning we’re open to platforms and languages that solve the task at hand.
- Manage MySQL/PostgreSQL databases on RDS (AWS) and Aiven.
- Utilize existing backend systems and create our own APIs.
- Collaborate closely with business developers and product teams.
- Investigate and handle issues reported by customer service team.
- Tool stack: Terraform, Kubernetes, Github, Jira/Confluence, Notion.
- You are proficient in writing Node.js code.
- You know your way around a database, we’re using MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- You have experience or are interested in learning event-driven development (e.g. Elixir or other functional languages).
- You have a good understanding of RESTful APIs and know how to use them effectively.
- You are agile and creative. You enjoy participating in product development and are not afraid to ask for help from your colleagues.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in writing tests is an added bonus.