Android Developer for Klart at Schibsted – proud developers of several top-rated apps in Scandinavia.
This is us: Klart
Klart is Sweden’s largest commercial weather service with over 1 million users every week. We are a small agile team of 9 people working together to build the best weather app for the Swedish market. Our aim is to be user-centric, innovative and agile. Since we are a small team we have short decision paths and you will have great possibilities to influence the direction of the product. Currently we have an Android app, iOS app and a website – with one developer per platform including backend.
About the role
Being our Android developer you will:
- have full responsibility for your platform and with that comes the freedom to choose technology.
- be working on both new features and maintenance
- have a direct impact on the product. Developers’ suggestions are greatly appreciated and incorporated into the business decisions/model
- assert the quality of the app by writing both unit and automated tests and organising exploratory test sessions with the whole team.
- plan and prioritise work together with the Product Owner and the Tech Lead
- discuss and crack tough technical problems together with the other devs
- work remotely or at the Schibsted office in Gdansk/Krakow if preferred, but we work closely together regardless of the geographical location.
- be the only Android developer in the Klart team, but there is an active Android developer community in the company and you can always count on the others, as we help each other on a daily basis.
- experiment, test, try, fail and learn all the time
- have fun every single day
- Kotlin, Coroutines and Flow
- MVVM architecture, Koin and Jetpack libraries
- Firebase: Messaging, Crashlytics, App Distribution, Remote Config, A/B Testing
- Testing libraries: JUnit, MockK, Mockito, Espresso
- CI/CD with Travis
- Experienced in Android development (3+ years)
- Experienced in Android release process and Google Play Store
- Can present at least one app that you worked on, preferably in Google Play
- Pays attention to UI details and is eager to provide the best user experience
- Able to write well designed, reusable and efficient code
- Overall problem solver
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- We also encourage curiosity. Learning new things, sharing our findings with others, and being generous with feedback and support is a part of our way of working
- You strive to be updated on the latest technology and continuously learn new things
- Stay on top with the news in Android development and drive modernisation of the technology stack to make sure that we use the right architecture and tools.
It will be an advantage if you have:
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience in working in distributed teams
- An active member of the Android community